The mission of Hope Counseling is to introduce hope and healing to hurting people.
Karen O'Brien, a member of Lighthouse Christian Church for over 10 years, offers Hope Counseling to help people through problems and difficulties while loving them as Christ instructs His followers. She has a Master's Degree in Professional Counseling through Liberty University. Karen is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and mother of two grown daughters.
ATTN: Karen O'Brien
Lighthouse Christian Church
401 S National Ave.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
We can help individuals (ages 12+) who are experiencing:
- relationship issues
- interpersonal conflict
- mood disorders
- grief and loss
- struggles with sexual orientation and/or gender identity
Karen uses an integrated approach for treatment and healing that is tailored to the needs of each client. Treatment modalities include trauma-informed care, cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness, relaxation techniques and solution-focused therapy.
During your first appointment, you can expect to spend about 90 minutes with Karen. during this time, she will:
- ask questions to get to know you
- ask you to complete paperwork for your personal and confidential file
- ask questions to understand your problems and the reasons you are seeking counseling
- collaborate with you to form a treatment plan
Through counseling, you could see positive results such as:
- problem solving
- behavior modification
- cognitive restructuring
- identifying and maximizing personal strengths
- managing symptoms and reducing negative effects
- establishing objectives to attain treatment goals
Lighthouse Christian Church members and regular attenders:
- Initial appt. (90 mins.) = $55
- Follow-up appt. (60 mins.) = $35
- Follow-up appt. (30 mins.) = $25
Initial appt. (90 mins.) = $75
Follow-up appt. (60 mins.) = $55
Follow-up appt. (30 mins.) = $35